Back at Cisco Live in June, I had a chance to sit down with David Zacks – Distinguished Engineer at Cisco Systems and talk about Catalyst 9K, and the importance of Flexible Infrastructure.
It was a great honour to get a chance to sit with Dave and talk about Cat 9K and microsegmentation and how Cisco has really changed the way they create hardware.
Podcast Discussion Topics
- Introducing the Cat9K platform and next gen of chip set.
- The power of the single code base in the new Catalyst Platform 9300, 9400 and 9500.
- The ability to empower people with analytics at the edge.
- Focusing on the flexible infrastructure and looking 1-3 years out.v
- Encrypted threat analytics.
- The power behind Network Intuitive.
- The importance of flexible evergreen hardware as Cisco moves into being a software company.
- Working with the design team to build a flexible infrastructure.
- Moving to intent based networking.
- Elevating the conversation in SDA and why it was built it in the first place.
- How to do identification through context.
- Coming out of the starting blocks with SDA.
- CLI is not going away.
- Building blocks for a new network implementation.
- Moving networks into the 21st century.
- Explaining cryptographic compliance.
- SPLT packet review.
Listen to the episode below…